Tiny Snowflake Crochet Pattern


TINY SNOWFLAKE
Give it a <3 or add it to your Ravelry queue here.

This is the first pattern I ever designed that I actually typed out and kept in a file.  I designed it in 1992 after I left the USAF and became a full time stay at home mom.  At first I made them with a size 20 thread and a size 10 hook and then threaded them onto kidney wires and voile!!!  instant Holiday Earrings!!!  I found that I preferred them better in the size 10 thread and used as decoration on the Christmas tree.  I hope you will find some time to try out this simple little pattern.  Tie a few together with some ribbon and make a perfect package decoration, or add a pin back and you can have an instant brooch!  Get creative with it!!

SIZE:  1 3/4"
MATERIALS:  small amount of size 10 crochet thread, size 7 steel crochet hook, fabric stiffener

Ch 4, join to form ring.

Round 1:  Ch 2, hdc in ring. * Ch 4, 2 hdc in ring.  Repeat from * 4 more times.  Ch 1, dc in top of beg ch 2 to form last loop.  Six loops made.

Round 2:  Ch 2, hdc in loop. * (Ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook) 3 times, sl st in top of last hdc made ----TRIPLE PICOT made, 2 hdc in same loop, ch 2**.  2 hdc in next loop .  Repeat from * around, ending at **.  Join with a sl st in top of beg ch 2.  Fasten off. 

Finishing:  weave in all ends.  Saturate snowflake in fabric stiffener.  Stretch flat on waxed paper to dry.  You may like to pin it to waxed paper covered Styrofoam board to stretch and define the snowflake more, just be sure to use pins that will not rust when they get wet.

Comments

  1. I had so many compliments on the earrings that you made me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty snowflake! I will have to try it some time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts